Sunday, April 26, 2009

What I've been up to... or not!

Would like to say my posts have been few and far between because my fingers have been busy at the keyboard. Truth is I spent the last week away with my man and three boys and didn't get one word written!! Thought lots about writing though and am hanging out to get back into it.

I've almost written the partial of one of the proposals I subbed to M&B. Don't know if I should have done this or not, but I got some advice from a published friend who said it was better to write something than sit around waiting... so I did. I rewrote the second chap today on the advice of a couple of wise writer friends, so hopefully this week, I'll be able to get back to the actual writing. My goal is to have the partial polished and emailed by mid May!! 

Then I'll be NTAI (the new buzz acronym created by Jackie Ashenden) - Not Thinking About It! She's gone out and bought herself a NTAI brand-spanking-new pair of black F-Me boots!! I'd like to splurge on a new pair of shoes but have already spent WAY too much this week... perhaps if I actually get The Call, I'll buy a nice pair of pink stillettos 
- my fantasy shoe - but where would I wear them???

So got me thinking... what do YOU plan on doing to celebrate when YOU get The Call or if you're already published, what did YOU DO???

While you ponder, I'll leave you with a photo from my wedding!! Since we're talking shoes... it's the boots, I want you to look at!!

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Hope you had a nice break Rachael, love the pink boots :-)

Out of interest do you submit a partial before you've finished a ms?

If I get the call? Not sure. Hmm, something else to plan while NTAI...

Jackie Ashenden said...

Rach, I LOVE your pink Docs! They are Docs I assume?? I have a pair of silver ones that I haven't worn for ages - must dig them out. Oh, and a pair of purple ones too. You've inspired me!
And as for your pink stilletos - where would you wear them? When you're writing of course!!

Well done for you on writing that partial. Your friend is right - no point in waiting round twiddling your thumbs. Yay! Then we can compare NTAI activities. Such as shoe buying...

Eleni Konstantine said...

Love the boots Rach! with a bung knee, no stilettos for me unless I want to hobble for about a week afterwards. So the boots are so cool, and you colour coordinated with the flowers. Very chic!

As for what I'll do if I get the Call - have not thought about it. Hmmmm..... now I have to get my thinking cap on!

Cathryn Hein said...

Ooh! Luurve the pic and pink boots.

Haven't the faintest what I'll do when the call comes. There's a bottle of Moet in the fridge in readiness but it's been sitting there so long it's probably gone off.

Hmm. Perhaps I'd better open it to check.

Lacey Devlin said...

You know at first I thought the picture was one of those random photos that were part of an advertisment that you just have to have because they make you smile so:

1. How gorgeous do you look? I'm so jealous (a good jealous not the bop you over the head kind :) )

2. I LOVE the boots. Amazing. I WOULD have stole them off your feet the second you'd sat down.

I really love that photo!

I love the fact we can all know use NTAI as an excuse to go shopping. I want some boots. I get like this ever year when they come out. MUST HAVE BOOTS!!!

I have my fingers crossed for your proposal and partial (not that you'll need them) :)

Becca said...

Wow Rach you're so pretty.
Love the shoes. At my wedding i went for the comfort of my blue suede fila sneakers... ahh...

Unknown said...

Thanks gals - I lurve those boots too and really should dig them out and wear them some more :)

Lorraine - generally I wouldn't and haven't sent a partial before completing the ms but I will send this one when it's done as it's sort of a follow-on from my Feel The Heat runner-up-ship!! Fingers crossed.

Jackie - I can just see me in my pjs and pink stilletos tapping out a bestseller :)

Eleni - bummer about the knee, but I'm sure we can find you some way cool boots anyway!

Cath - I'm flying over to share the out-of-code Moet!!

Lacey - thanks for the compliments and best wishes re my partial. If my boots go missing, I'll track you down :)

Bec - yay, someone else who went for comfort over class!!

Joanne Coles said...

Great boots! My wedding shoes were kind of like slippers. So they were ULTRA comfy ... which was handy while standing around a wedding chapel in Vegas waiting for our turn!

Best of luck with the partial :-)

Christina Phillips said...

Oh Rach what a gorgeous pic! And I love those boots!! I really want a pair of bright red ankle boots, with heels (I'm so short I NEED heels!!!)