Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day Seventeen


Day Seventeen

Word count: 1632

Fave Line of the Day: (well a few lines actually)

Do this? He was past caring about beds, the shag rug on the carpet looked more than suitable for what he had in mind. ‘Do you always talk this much during sex?’

Total Thus Far: 17421

And... I've just finished reading Lynn Raye Harris' debut book 'Spanish Magnate, Red-Hot Revenge.'

I was lucky enough to win this over at Lynn's blog, so I've had a sneak peak before most other people down under *gloating*. I can see why Lynn won the Instant Seduction contest, she certainly has a way with words. I won't say too much about Rebecca and Alejandro's story because I don't want to ruin it for you, but let's say my heart was pumping wildly only ten pages from the end when I was SURE there was no way for these two to get their act together. I was seriously worried... but (of course) the HEA came good and it was a lovely feel good ending.

For me one of the best things about Lynn's book was that Alejandro was a seriously DARK hero and the lovely Rebecca totally reformed him. Isn't that just the best thing about romance? The heroine's ability and power to transform?!

6 comments:

Lynn Raye Harris said...

And now I am blushing. :) Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm very glad you enjoyed it. Yes, Alejandro was *quite* dark. I really hadn't intended it when I started (I'm a pantser, LOL), but when I learned what his main issue was, I knew he had a LOT to get over.

I appreciate this post more than you know. :) You are the first person not related to me to read this in final form and tell me what you think about it. :)

Mon Wood said...

Sounds like an intriguing read! Must get a hold of it when it's released in Australia (hope the cover is just as yummy, because those abs are to die for!).

Jackie Ashenden said...

Ooh, I love a dark hero. Can see I'll have to get it.

Lacey Devlin said...

Loved your line Rach! I'm just green with envy knowing that Lynn's book is in the country somewhere (careful I'll end up at your front door and you'll never get rid of me)

Joanne said...

oohhh - I'm so jealous - I can't wait to read Lynn's book.

I too love a dark hero :)

Rachael Johns said...

Lynn... so glad I made you smile! I'm sure there'll be many more blog posts and nice emails about Alejandro and Rebecca!!