So I thought I'd tell you what I've been doing to try and keep my mind off the book that is now out of my hands:
1) Using Snapfish to begin to get up to date with the kid's photos. I try and do a photobook for each child for each year of their life. It's an aim... I'm WAY behind!
2) Tackling the never-ending pile of washing that constantly threatens to bury my entire household. As its winter down under and most clothes don't seem to be able to survive the dryer anynore, this task is even more daunting than it usually is.
3) Critting work from my lovely and talented CPs.
4) Planning and writing up a proposal/synopsis for my next Modern Heat idea... so that whatever the verdict on my subbed full, I'll have something else to hit them with. I'm finding this planning stage immensely enjoyable. LOVE my two new characters - Poppy and Nate - and think I've actually got their conflicts pretty solid and sorted but just have to work out what happens in the latter part of the book so I can finish the synopsis.
5) And today, I just dove right in and started writing an idea that's been mulling around in my head for quite some time. It's part chick-lit part rural romance I suppose. I'm trying for Single Title with this baby but am also trying to keep the pressure off. I'm writing this one for fun, not with publication in sight!
So... what is your favourite and best thing to do while you're waiting to hear back on a submission?