Friday, July 30, 2010

Another course!

Last day of July and I must say I'm glad to see the back of it, cos August is RWA Oz Conference and I absoluely completely CANNOT wait. Catching up with good writing buddies, talking writing ALL weekend, learning heaps, hanging out in a swish hotel, having the odd wine... can't think of much better! Hopefully I'll remember to actually USE my camera this year and take lots of pics.

August is also a course month for me. Yep, I've enrolled in yet another online course. This one is with the fabulous Shirley Jump and its entitled ''Take Your Book From Good To Sold.'' I thought that as I seem to have relative success with M&B eds, I needed something to take me over the line. Hopefully Shirley's course will be another step in the right direction. And I'm doing it with my good writing friend Becca J Heath, so at least I'll be in good company!

Anyone else coming to Oz or taken any good courses lately?

15 comments:

Janette Radevski said...

Good luck Rach! I too cannot wait for conference

AJ Blythe said...

Oh enjoy Rach! Shirley's stuff is always so informative, I'm sure you'll learn heaps. I had considered doing this one too, but August is just a bad month.

Lacey Devlin said...

Wow that workshop sounds great :) How do the online workshops work? Are you required to submit work or are they more like lectures?

Sally Clements said...

Hi Rach. Gosh that sounds like fun. I did Shirley's Good to Sold course last time around, and you're in for a treat, its great.

Sally Clements said...

And just reading Lacey's comment, Shirley gives lectures, you submit work and homework and she crits it and shows where you could improve it. All very valuable stuff, much recommended!

Becca said...

Me too, me too, on the course and conference front. YAY! Can't wait!!

Joanne Coles said...

Yay on conf!!

Course sounds great, too. I'd love to do that one, but I'm already doing a self editing course with Carina's Angela James during the first couple of weeks of August.

Cathryn Hein said...

Whoop! Not long til the conference now. Can't wait to catch up.

Enjoy your course!

Sami Lee said...

The course sounds great. I love Shirley Jump and her own struggle to be published is interesting and inspiring. I'd love to hear how it's going at the conference. 12 more sleeps...

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Janette - can't wait to see you again :)

Ooh Anita good to know. I've never done a course with her before.

Lacey - Sally has kindly answered your question!! I've done a few and they're usually pretty good.

OOh Sally - thanks for that info, am glad it's gonna be good. And thanks for answering Lacey too :)

Rachael Johns said...

Bec - see ya soon :)

Joanne - ooh hope you'll blog about your course too, that one sounds fab!

Cathryn - right back at ya :)

Ooh Sami is it really only 12 sleeps! Makes me wanna go to bed - lol! I love Shirley's journey to publication too! Very inspiring!

Jackie Ashenden said...

I can't wait either!! Woohoo!! Let us know about the course eh? Sounds excellent.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Yay conference is nearly here - can't wait to finally meet you in person!!

And good luck to you and Becca with the online course.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Hi rach! You've got me all curious now so I'm going to smeak over to Shirley's website and see if I can sign up!

Rachael Johns said...

Jackie and Eleni - will be so fabulous to finally meet you both in person!

Susan - definitely do the course. It's great so far :) Hope to see ya there!