Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Blogging interrupted to guzzle Pink Champagne


Unfortunately today's guest blogger couldn't make it :( But that's okay because I'll use this space to announce some VERY exciting news for me. Many of you have heard it on Twitter or Facebook, but here's the official announcement.

But first, I'd like to draw the winner of Heidi Rice's The First Night of Christmas book - congrats to aretha_zhen! Congrats Aretha, please contact Heidi through her website (http://heidi-rice.com/contact-heidi/) with your address and she will send you the book!

NOW...

I'm hugely excited to announce that I have sold my single title contemporary romance to Harlequin Australia!

JILTED will be a June 2012 release down under and I couldn't be happier. Many of you will recall this as The Book That Won't End. I LOVED these characters and their stories and really wanted to do well by them. I'm so happy that someone else saw something special in Flynn and Ellie and that I'll get to share them soon.

Of course, I have no cover, no official blurb or anything like that just yet, but I thought I'd share the blurb I wrote for a pitch just so you have an idea what JILTED is about:

BLURB

When soapie actress Ellie Hughes returns to the small rural community of Hope’s Junction, she risks the unbottling of ten years of secrets. But her godmother needs her, and Ellie isn’t one to let those she loves down. Not with the guilt of what she did to Flynn Quartermaine still burning her heart.

One look at Ellie and the hurt and love farmer Flynn has tried so hard to hide comes roaring back. But he’s a man now, and big enough to forgive her betrayal, if not forget. No matter how loyal the locals think they’re being in bullying Ellie, he can fight his own battles. Except protecting Ellie resurrects emotions he’d thought well drowned, and as she needs him more and more, he can’t resist another taste of what they once shared.

As their love rekindles, so does the need for truth. But with emotions made fragile by the past, revealing the tragedies and heartbreak of ten years ago could cost Ellie the one man she’s always loved. While Flynn must overcome his fear of once more being JILTED.


I hope that piqued your interest. And you know what the best thing is about all of this? I get to buy another Pandora charm for my book bracelet :)

17 comments:

Natalie Anderson said...

This is just SO exciting!!!! SUPER HUGE CONGRATS to you!!!! Can't wait to read it - sounds AWESOME :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again, Rachael!!!!! SO happy for you! And it sounds super fabulous!!

Madeline Ash said...

Woohoooooooo!! RACHAEL! That's brilliant news! Congratulations on your sale, this story no doubt deserves the home you've found for it. I can't wait to read it, the teaser has me hooked :)

Ros said...

Congratulations! Pink champagne is the perfect way to celebrate. What line will it be in?

Emmie said...

Congratulations! This is awesome news!

Fiona Lowe said...

Tremendous news!!! So happy for you

Cathryn Hein said...

So, so thrilled for you, Rach. Jilted is an awesome book. Everyone is going to LOVE IT!

Rachael Johns said...

Thanks Nat - I hope you like it :)

Thanks Aimee - hope it reads fabulous too!

Thanks Madeline - I'm so glad you liked the teaser :)

Ros - it'll be printed under the MIRA imprint but at this stage only Aus and NZ! And yep - I LOVE pink bubbly. Actually I pretty much love pink everything!

Emmie - thank you!! Think I'll be grinning for a while here :)

Thanks Fiona - for EVERYTHING! x

Cathryn - ditto as Fiona for you. I hope you're right about Jilted! x

Becca said...

What brilliant news. It's so exciting! Will have to sip a glass of bubbly in your honour!!

Jackie Ashenden said...

*toasts Rach* *sips*
Awesome, m'dear!!! It was always only going to be a matter of time....

Eleni Konstantine said...

Woohoo, Rach! You go girl.

test said...

Good stuff! The pink champagne nicely matches the cover of One Perfect Night.

Joanne Dannon said...

Super brilliant news Rach - congrats and well done!!! Can't wait to read it.

Off to crack open a bottle of champers to toast your success :)

Scarlet Wilson said...

Brilliant news Rach! Can't wait to see it in print!

Kat said...

RACH! This is BIG news! Am really pleased for you, you've worked really hard over the last few years for the success that's come your way in recent months.
Have a big glass of bubbly!
x

Helene Young said...

Yahoooo!! Your book bracelet's going to be weighing your arm down at this rate :)

Congrats again!!

Robyn said...

Rach, I'm SO horribly late for this post, but CONGRATS again! I'm so excited for you, and I love the sound of that bracelet :-)