Monday, December 5, 2011

The First Night of Christmas with Heidi Rice


I have the gorgeous and hugely talented Heidi Rice on my blog today and I'm probably more excited than anyone. Heidi has been one of my favourite category authors since I read her first book. She does the BEST EVER bad boys and I LOVE a bad boy...

Hi Rachael

Thanks so much for inviting me to your Christmas Blog Party! And huge congrats on the release of One Perfect Night, I shall be first in line to download a copy on my Kindle as a special present to Moi!

So Christmas Stories… I have to admit I love them. Reading them and writing them. Why? Because quite apart from all the glitz and glam of the season to be sexy, there’s also the things that Christmas means emotionally for many people which add that fabulous frission of passion and intensity to a Christmas story.

Jace Ryan, my hero in On the First Night of Christmas, is the ultimate bad boy. Sexy and seductive, Jace thinks his life is just how he wants it. He’s not a big fan of the festive season, it’s a time for families and he doesn’t have one of those, plus he hates shopping! But he’s successful, well-adjusted and ridiculously rich so it doesn’t bother him a bit that he’s going to be alone while in London this Christmas…. Until he splashes my heroine Cassie Fitzgerald outside Selfridges on Oxford Street...

After getting rid of her cheating fiancé months before, Cassie is a woman on a mission to find the perfect Candy Man for Christmas - a guy who will make her body hum, but will be gone by the New Year.

So the scene is set for the two of them to have the perfect holiday fling. Hot nights, lazy fun-filled days, and no commitment. Until the magic of the season… And way too much really amazing sex starts to turn their perfect holiday fling into something entirely different…

Had so much fun writing this story, am just hoping readers have as much fun reading it!

WOW - am SO glad this book is on my TBR pile this month :) However, right now my heart is pounding at the thought of you reading One Perfect Night. I hope you enjoy!

Heidi has very generously offered to giveaway a copy of On The First Night of Christmas to one lucky commenter. All you have to do is tell us where you would most like to spend Christmas - anywhere in the world - and why?

The winner will be drawn this Friday the 9th of December.

ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS

Cassie’s tips for the Perfect Christmas Fling!

1. ‘Tis the season to be daring: Find the perfect Mr. Right Now (extra points for a bad-boy-turned-billionaire) and be brave about getting him—even if that means jumping straight into sexy Jace Ryan’s car!

2. Enjoy the ride: Once you’ve chosen your man, get swept away by the moment! For once, Cassie’s determined to stop worrying about the future, but she must remember one thing….

3. This fling is just for Christmas: Jace Ryan’s a seasonal special. Do not start falling for him, Cassie, no matter how perfect the package or how much you’ve enjoyed unwrapping it….

13 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

This sounds like a perfect holiday book and sure hooked me!

I've love to do Christmas on a cruise ship and be totally waited on and pampered instead of rushing around like a chicken with no head!! Plus I could sit and write and enjoy it without interruption!

test said...

I'd love to spend a white Christmas somewhere in Europe with fairytale castles, sleighs, and hot chocolate!

Kelly Hunter said...

I'm a total sucker for Heidi's bad-boys. Throw in some Christmas spirit and I'm a happy, happy reader.

No need to pop me in a draw for the book, Rach. I already have it ;)

Serena Tatti Story Editor said...

Love the premise of this story - romance and Christmas go hand in hand.

I'd love to go back to my family's origins - Trieste, Italy for Christmas. There is the most amazing castle there - il Castello di Miramare and it sits perched on a cliff top. Trieste used to be under Austrian rule and the Austrian Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian (who later became Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico) had it built in the mid 19th century for his wife, Charlotte of Belgium (who later became the Empress Carlota of Mexico). It is seriously one of the most romantic spots I've ever been to.

Thanks for having Heidi as your guest blogger, Rach!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This book sounds like a perfect holiday books. Never read any books from this author before but would love this bOok for Christmas present. About where I would like to spend my holiday. I would like to spend it anywhere as long as I can spend it with my family:) cheers n happy holiday aretha_zhen@yahoo.com

Heidi Rice said...

Oh wow Susan, that's a great idea... I'd fancy Christmas on a cruise ship too, except it would have to be somewhere with very calm waters. I got the ferry to Cork in Ireland one New Year and nearly died of seasickness!!

Oh Coleen, a white Christmas in Europe sounds enchanting and sooo romantic. Love it.

Hi Kelly, I'm a total sucker for your heroes too. as you know!

Serena, Trieste sounds amazing. We spent summer in the Italian region of Le Marche last year and it was beatuiful.. And not too touristy.

Anonymous, yes I always do Christmas with family too. Good thing we all get on so well.

Robyn said...

I love the sound of this book, especially Cassie's rules. What could possibly go wrong with that third one?

I'd love to spend Christmas somewhere snowy since I've never done that. New York would be ideal.

Anonymous said...

Heidi's debut was my first Modern Heat (now Riva) read, and I've been a big fan every since!

I'd like to spend a white Christmas at home with my family and a fire in the wood stove. And my OWN Christmas tree. We go to Florida every year to spend the holidays with my parents. It's a good thing my parents are a lot of fun to be with LOL!

Heidi Rice said...

Ah yes, Robyn, what could possibly go wrong with number three!!! And I've always had a secret desire to spend Xmas in NYC in fact I even wrote a book about it. Called The Mile High Club!

Aimee, why don't you have your folks visit you one year? I always thing Christmas in the snow is so lovely... Even when it grinds London to a standstill like it did last year.

Janette Radevski said...

Am currently reading this and loving it!

I always spend Christmas with the family, and don't care where I am as long as they are with me. When my girls are older, might be nice to take them to new York, if not for Christmas for thanksgiving and the Macy's parade.

Rachael Johns said...

Ohh Heidi, I just realised I haven't said where I'd like to spend Christmas. So far my two favourite places in the world are Queenstown in NZ and Salzburg in Switzerland. Because I went to both these places prior to having my family, I'd like to take them to these gorgeous places for Christmas one day.

Heidi Rice said...

Oh Janette, so glad you're enjoying First Night! And NYC at Thanksgiving sounds cool. I took my two boys there a few years ago and they loved it, especially the Toys R Us on Times Square, funnily enough.

Ah Rachel, both those places sound cool, and never been to either of them... Thanks again for having me on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love Heidi's books. I'd love to spend Christmas in Scotland or Switzerland with my man. Doing nothing but enjoying the scenery, touring and enjoying room service.

klmc_37@yahoo.com