Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tickling the Tinsel with Candis Terry




Today I have Avon Impulse author Candis Terry talking about her love of reading Christmas books AND giving away a copy of TWO of her gorgeous books to one lucky reader. I have Any Given Christmas ready to go and I know I'm in for a treat.

Hi Rachael! Thanks so much for having me as a part of your Christmas Blog Party!

Every year when the holiday’s roll around, I’m like a kid in a candy store grabbing up new romances with festive book covers and I can’t wait to jump in and start reading. But I’ll admit that when I wrote Any Given Christmas, my new release from Avon Impulse, I didn’t set out to write a Christmas story. In fact, the book isn’t entirely centered on the Ho-Ho-Ho holiday. My first book of the Sugar Shack series, Second Chance at the Sugar Shack, ended on Thanksgiving Day. So of course, I knew the second book had to include Christmas. What better way to give some warm and fuzzy romantic moments for the hero and heroine than with twinkling lights, tinsel, and a hot buttered rum, right?

Though I love those mushy holiday moments myself, well, I wondered how well I could really transfer them to the written word. So without getting corny, I did it my way. When Dean Silverthorne, the seriously hot NFL quarterback, goes to the home of Emma Hart, the feisty doesn’t-want-to-get-involved-with-a-superstar schoolteacher, he discovers Emma is a freak for holiday decorations. She even dresses her cat Oscar in an elf suit. Oscar does not find his costume amusing and he hates Emma-stealing-cat-allergic Dean with a passion. Dean and Emma also find quite the inventive way to celebrate New Year’s Eve—hot tub under the stars and fireworks anyone?

I hope you’ll choose to celebrate the holidays in Deer Lick, Montana, with Dean and Emma. They’re waiting with a spiked welcome wassail!

Happy holidays to all!

To celebrate being a part of Rachael’s Christmas Blog Party, I will give away a copy of Second Chance at the Sugar Shack and Any Given Christmas to one person who leaves a joyful comment. Please include your email so I know how to contact you.

BLURB for Any Given Christmas

Dean Silverthorne’s mother may be dead, but she still has matchmaking to do. When an injury dashes NFL Quarterback Dean Silverthorne’s Super Bowl dreams, he heads back to Deer Lick, Montana with a chip on his wounded shoulder and more determined than ever to get back in the game. He loves his kooky family, but his trip home is nothing but a very brief Christmas visit.

His game plan didn’t include an instant attraction to Emma Hart, a feisty kindergarten teacher who seems to be the only person in Deer Lick not interested in the hometown hero. Or his dearly departed mom popping up with mistletoe in hand and meddling on the mind. Now Dean can’t help but wonder if there’s more to love than life between the goal posts.

For more about Candy go to:

Website: www.candisterry.com

Twitter: @CandisTerry

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Candis-Terry/131817443567853

43 comments:

LizbethSelvig said...

Hi Candis,
Hi Rachael,
Candis you book sounds wonderful. I love the wounded super star storyline--I have a soft spot in my heart for famous characters -- they have a great vulnerability to me. And if you have a irritated cat - oh, heck yeah!! Good luck with the book -- can't wait to read it!!

Candis Terry said...

Thanks Liz!
I wrapped up all my favorite sports guys and came up with Dean and he somehow managed to come out way hotter than even I expected. And Oscar the Grouchy Cat? Oh yeah, he is all about the cat drool.

Stephanie said...

Candis, I love Second Chance and can't wait to read Dean's book. My wish for Christmas is that you'll write faster.
Merry Christmas

Squenn said...

Hello ladies! Tickling the tinsel? It sounds a little pervy. I LOVE it!! The books look awesome.

Candis Terry said...

Hi Stephanie! Yay! I'm so glad you loved Second Chance and I hope you'll love Dean--I mean his book--just as much. He was a handful, believe me!
I'm working on Kelly's book now (writing fast I promise!) and I should have the exact Spring release date very soon.
Merry Christmas to you too!

Candis Terry said...

Hey Squenn! Oh I just love to have a good time. Actually, there's a lot of arguing about tinsel at my house every year. Hubby wants it but doesn't want to clean it up!

Tasty Book Tours said...

Fancy meeting you two ladies here!! Candis, its a pleasure, as always...and I have been telling EVERYONE about this amazing series!! Just got my books the books to mail to my winners this afternoon!! YAY!! And Rachael...I am actually reading One Perfect Night as we speak...Very excited to see what happpens between these two!!

Have a Great Night,

Lisa
XOXO

Candis Terry said...

Lisa! Love ya! I've got One Perfect Night at the top of my TBR stack! Can't wait to get started.

Anonymous said...

Love the mix of the cat and super-hot guy!
sounds great. Wishing you jou this festive season!
=)
Bec

Rachael Johns said...

Hi Lizbeth - I also have a soft spot for famous characters :)

Love your Christmas wish Stephanie!

Squenn - lol, I hadn't thought of it like that!

Candis - isn't tinsel just so fun but so messy?!

Lisa - glad you found us here :) I really hope you enjoy OPN! And you too Candis!

Rachael Johns said...

Bec - I agree it sounds like a fab mix. I love books with cats in them :)

Cathryn Hein said...

Deer Lick, Montana! Please, please tell me it exists. I so want to go there.

Any Given Christmas sounds a hoot, even if I know absolutely nothing about NFL except that you have a few former Aussie Rules players making good over there as kickers. Oh, and that Justin Timberlake made whatsername have a wardrobe malfunction once during a superbowl performance. Yup, on top of all the happenings, that's me.

And now for a joyful comment... Well, seeing as I can't come up with anything I'll let Mother Teresa do the talking.

"A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love."

Yeah.

Candis Terry said...

Hi Bec! Oscar the cat is modeled after the cat who owned me for 14 years. It was awesome having him back in my life for awhile. He's been gone for 22 years and I still miss him every day.

Candis Terry said...

Oh Cathryn, I wish I could tell you Deer Lick is real. Although it very much exists to me it's actually 3 of my favorite Montana towns rolled into one. And seriously, you don't need to know thing about the NFL to have a good time with the hero in my book. I love your joyful comment! Very appropriate for Any Given Christmas!
Happy holidays!

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan side effects libido - ativan 2mg overdose

Anonymous said...

no prescription xanax what is xanax pills - xanax side effects nausea

Anonymous said...

xanax for anxiety xanax generic 25mg - green generic xanax bars

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale get high ativan - 4 mg ativan high

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem zolpidem tartrate common side effects - zolpidem hexal 10 mg

Anonymous said...

ativan pills ativan used get high - side effects coming off ativan

Anonymous said...

buy xanax 1mg generic drug for xanax - 1mg klonopin compared 1mg xanax

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam online ativan to xanax conversion - ativan sleep addiction

Anonymous said...

diazepam no prescription needed diazepam dosage 20mg - phenobarbital and diazepam for dogs

Anonymous said...

diazepam dosage for dogs cheap diazepam for sale - 5mg dose of diazepam

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan 2mg tablet - q lorazepam normon 1mg 25

Anonymous said...

can you really buy xanax online xanax kratom withdrawal - xanax dosage equivalent to ativan

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax side effects short term - xanax side effects overdose

Anonymous said...

buy soma online order soma online mexico - generic soma with v

Anonymous said...

buy soma generic order soma watson - carisoprodol 350 mg withdrawal

Anonymous said...

buy generic soma christmas radio online soma - cymbalta soma drug interactions

Anonymous said...

cheap soma buy soma visa - generic name for soma

Anonymous said...

order soma generic soma carisoprodol - where to buy soma panties

Anonymous said...

Drug Reglan cheap prednisolone - cheap generic prednisone http://www.prednisone4sale.com/#cheap-generic-prednisone

Anonymous said...

Hello, lipitor online - generic lipitor http://www.costoflipitoronline.net/#generic-lipitor

Anonymous said...

Scented Vacuum Cleaner Tablets cheap diflucan no prescription - generic diflucan no prescription http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#generic-diflucan-no-prescription , [url=http://www.diflucansaleonline.net/#cost-of-diflucan ]cost of diflucan [/url]

Anonymous said...

Schedule 3 Drug generic lexapro online - lexapro cost http://www.costoflexaproonline.net/#lexapro-cost , [url=http://www.costoflexaproonline.net/#lexapro-for-sale ]lexapro for sale [/url]

Anonymous said...

tni [url=http://www.lipitordiscountonline.net/#purchase-lipitor ]cheap lipitor no prescription [/url] - buy atorvastatin online - buy lipitor http://www.lipitordiscountonline.net/#cheap-lipitor-40-mg ,

Anonymous said...

egy clomid online - clomid pills online http://www.clomidonlinesales.net/#clomid-online-no-prescription , [url=http://www.clomidonlinesales.net/#buy-clomid-online-no-prescription ]clomiphene no prescription [/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello, cheap klonopin no prescription - clonazepam online pharmacy http://www.klonopinsaleonline.com/#clonazepam-online-pharmacy , [url=http://www.klonopinsaleonline.com/#klonopin-cost ]klonopin cost [/url]

Anonymous said...


4 Cymbalta Generic - generic cymbalta http://www.cymbaltaduloxetineorder.net/#order-cymbalta, [url=http://www.cymbaltaduloxetineorder.net/#cymbalta-60mg]Cymbalta 60mg[/url]

Anonymous said...

6, sumatriptan without prescription - sumatriptan online no prescription http://www.imitrexonlinebuy.com/#sumatriptan-without-prescription, [url=http://www.imitrexonlinebuy.com/#imitrex-for-sale]sumatriptan without prescription[/url]

Anonymous said...

3, order klonopin - clonazepam no prescription http://www.klonopinonlinediscount.com/#klonopin-generic, [url=http://www.klonopinonlinediscount.com/#klonopin-generic]klonopin without prescription[/url]

Anonymous said...

6, order provigil online - buy modafinil no prescription http://www.provigilonlinediscount.com/#provigil-without-prescription, [url=http://www.provigilonlinediscount.com/#order-provigil]order provigil[/url]